Welcome to THE LOUNGE .. a space for those who wish to deepen their connection to seasonal wisdom, with a monthly theme to inspire and guide your meditation practice, align your mindfulness exercises and empower your sacred daily rituals .. it is what we call ‘Seasonal Mindfulness’.
*NOW OPEN * SPRING 2019
SPRING is a time of
AWAKENING. RENEWAL. GROWTH.
These three characteristics inspire our monthly meditation themes:
September 2019: awakening mind, body & spirit through THE SENSES
October 2019: embracing HEALING practices for balance & renewal
November 2019: supporting personal growth & sense of CONNECTION with self & others
Spring is calling us .. sunlight and warmer temperatures tempting us outside, morning bird songs serenading us to start the day, and a renewed sense of hope and inner energy to get creative, start a project, make a change. The message is clear: get up and get out, Winter’s work is done and now it is time to awaken.
Our Spring meditation, mindfulness and daily ritual practices will heed the call to awaken .. to move outside, breathe the fresh warm air, and spring- clean mind, body and spirit: we shall listen and respond with all of our Senses, finding the healing tools to best support our sense of wellbeing, and relish the opportunity to grow and connect, with ourselves, and the world around us.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Each Season we honor three unique characteristics; and each
WEEK 1: PREPARATION. Preparation for the journey.
* Seasonal Living eBOOK (released each season as a PDF)
* A Guide to the Month’s Theme (PDF)
* Introductory Guided Meditative Exercise (audio 8-10min)
* Themed Mindfulness practice & Ritual
WEEK TWO: REFLECTION. Reflections from our first week and supportive practices to strengthen our learning.
* Weekly Review
* Supportive tools and practices to expand on theme including meditation, mindfulness and daily life rituals (PDF)
WEEK THREE: EXPANSION. Expansion of our formal practice with a longer guided meditation.
* Guided Meditation (audio 20-30min)
* Additional Mindfulness exercises and Daily Life Rituals
WEEK FOUR: INTEGRATION. Lessons learned and wisdom gained .. how might we integrate into daily life moving forward?
* Insights from our theme (PDF)
* Introduction to NEXT months theme
A monthly eBook containing all content is provided.
WHY A SEASONAL MAP?
Because, in the Winter of 2018, I realized that I was living my season of resistance! .. all my moaning about the cold, the wet, the depressing grey days was just causing suffering. So I set out to change my mindset. I committed to finding and celebrating (daily) the gifts of Winter .. which birthed a much deeper and more personal mindfulness and gratitude practice – and a deep appreciation for the wisdom of the seasons.
The Lounge sprouts from the soil of Melbourne, Australia – the Southern Hemisphere – but you can be anywhere to travel with us! As humans, we are always navigating and juggling our personal internal seasons with the external world around us. Sometimes our stage in life (or day) or our inner energies simply don’t fit with the earthly seasons. Be guided by your wisdom.
SEASONAL SUBSCRIPTION is a THREE-MONTHLY membership commitment. Entry with a seasonal subscription means that you can stay for the whole 2019 year at the entry price. A Seasonal Subscription is currently $24 per month.
MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION bringing focus to one MONTHLY theme. Perhaps you have a passion to learn more about Retreating (which is our June 2019 theme) or just want to get started somewhere! We would love to have you along for the journey. Monthly Subscription is $35 per month
CAN I SIGN UP OR UNSUBSCRIBE AT ANY TIME?
Yes. You can sign up at any time, stay for as long as you like, and unsubscribe when you need to (I will
WHAT DO I NEED TO JOIN THE LOUNGE?
Just an email address, internet access and the ability to listen to audio (MP3) and read documents (PDF). I would encourage you to also invest in a nice journal and pen so you can journal any thoughts or insights that arise along the way. In the future, we may need/want a Facebook Group and the time will come when a more sophisticated platform will be required. Not yet. Let’s just START and I will listen to your feedback.
WHAT SHALL I GET OUT OF THE LOUNGE?
The aim is to cultivate a much greater appreciation for the power of the seasons, and their influence on your external and internal world .. AND provide delicious ongoing content to inspire and motivate you to meditate. Regularly. Daily. For LIFE!
*Seasonal Living eBook (each Season)
*Monthly Themed Guidebook for focus and attention
*Each month a short guided (audio) 10-15minute Meditative Exercise
*Each month a longer guided (audio) 20-30minute Meditation
*4 x weekly emails with resources and instructions
Meditation has been practiced across the globe for thousands of years .. because it works. Modern research continues to provide us with further insights into some of these amazing physical and mental benefits including:
• Lowers blood pressure and heart rate – meaning it’s highly effective as an anti-stress therapy and has zero side effects
• Improves our immune system – fewer colds and flu would be a great start, with research indicating that there is a significant likelihood of assisting with more challenging conditions
• Improves our neural coordination long-term meditators have been able to change the neuroplasticity of their brains – yes, we can become more efficient thinkers and happier people as well
• Boosts production of DHEA the only known hormone that decreases directly with age .. so dare we suggest there is the possibility of slowing the
• Heightens activity in the left prefrontal cortex of the brain, the area associated with relaxation and happiness
• Improves our concentration and our ability to focus effectively. Meditation activates brain waves, the area of consciousness in which higher level thinking and insight occurs
• Shown to improve Emotional Intelligence more in-tune with our emotions and also how to regulate our emotions
• Can build greater collaboration and understanding which supports and strengthens all our relationships.
Got a Question? I would love to chat with you, contact email@example.com