Welcome to THE LOUNGE .. a space for those who wish to deepen their connection to seasonal wisdom; with a Seasonal Map and unique monthly theme to inspire and guide our meditation practices, mindfulness exercises,
*BEGINNING 1st JANUARY 2020*
our theme is ‘ENERGIZE’
WHAT IS SEASONAL MINDFULNESS?
Seasonal Mindfulness is a term that I conceived in meditation one sunny Spring day in 2018.
Seasonal Mindfulness brought together my passion for meditation and my growing awareness of the wisdom of the seasons .. and how the cycles and rhythms of our external world can guide and inspire our meditation, mindfulness and daily life rituals.
Seasonal Mindfulness invites us to observe and reflect on the changes that each season brings; mindful of the ever-transforming colors, flavors, textures, sounds, aroma, and natural wisdom, and mindful of their influence not only on the world around us, but also within us, in subtle (and not so subtle) ways.
“Cultivating a deeper awareness and understanding of the seasonal changes unfolding in our external environment can help us understand their influence on our internal world .. our energy, mood, attitudes, beliefs, thoughts, and choices. The changing seasons can also inspire and inform our meditation, mindfulness and daily rituals so that we can balance and harmonize our inner and outer worlds.”
Sarah, Quiet Mind Meditation
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Each Season we honor three unique characteristics; and each Month a unique theme will guide our Weekly meditation, mindfulness, and daily life rituals.
WEEK 1: PREPARATION. Preparation for the journey.
* Seasonal Living eBOOK released each season (PDF)
* Guide to the Month’s Theme (PDF)
* Two Guided Meditations – Meditative Exercise (8-10min) & longer formal practice (20-30min) via audio
* Themed Mindfulness practices
* Themed Rituals
WEEK TWO: REFLECTION.
* Weekly Review and reminder of intention for the month (email)
WEEK THREE: EXPANSION.
* Longer guided meditation to expand our understanding and practice with this theme (email)
WEEK FOUR: INTEGRATION.
* Insights from our theme and how we might continue to integrate into our daily life. And an introduction to the NEXT month (email)
SUMMER (JAN – FEB 2020)
embracing the fire, light and ‘yang’ energy to nourish our meditation and personal practices
tapping into our heightened sense of curiosity to create something new
WHAT IS A SEASONAL MAP?
Because, in the Winter of 2018, I realized that I was living my season of resistance! .. all my moaning about the cold, the wet, the depressing grey days was just causing suffering. So I set out to change my mindset. I committed to finding and celebrating (daily) the gifts of Winter .. which birthed a much deeper and more personal mindfulness and gratitude practice – and a deep appreciation for the wisdom of the seasons.
The Lounge sprouts from the soil of Melbourne, Australia – the Southern Hemisphere – but you can be anywhere to travel with us! As humans, we are always navigating and juggling our personal internal seasons with the external world around us. Sometimes our stage in life (or day) or our inner energies simply don’t fit with the earthly seasons. Be guided by your wisdom.
SEASONAL SUBSCRIPTION is a THREE-MONTHLY membership commitment. Entry with a seasonal subscription means that you can stay for the whole 2019 year at the entry price. A Seasonal Subscription is currently $72 (only $24 per month).
MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION bringing focus to one MONTHLY theme. Perhaps you have a passion to learn more about Retreating (which is our June 2019 theme) or just want to get started somewhere! We would love to have you along for the journey. Monthly Subscription is $35 per month
CAN I SIGN UP OR UNSUBSCRIBE AT ANY TIME?
Yes. You can sign up at any time, stay for as long as you like, and unsubscribe when you need to (I will of course, be sorry to see you go!). Seasonal Membership is a commitment to three months and will automatically renew each month (until you decide to finish). Monthly Membership is a commitment of one month. Sign up anytime and catch up with all the theme content for that month. New monthly content is only available to current members.
WHAT DO I NEED TO JOIN THE LOUNGE?
Just an email address, internet access and the ability to listen to audio (MP3) and read documents (PDF). I would encourage you to also invest in a nice journal and pen so you can journal any thoughts or insights that arise along the way. In the future, we may need/want a Facebook Group and the time will come when a more sophisticated platform will be required. Not yet. Let’s just START and I will listen to your feedback.
WHAT SHALL I GET OUT OF THE LOUNGE?
The aim is to cultivate a much greater appreciation for the power of the seasons, and their influence on your external and internal world .. AND provide delicious ongoing content to inspire and motivate you to meditate. Regularly. Daily. For LIFE!
*Seasonal Living eBook (each Season)
*Monthly Themed Guidebook for focus and attention
*Each month a short guided (audio) 10-15minute Meditative Exercise
*Each month a longer guided (audio) 20-30minute Meditation
*4 x weekly emails with resources and instructions
Meditation has been practiced across the globe for thousands of years .. because it works. Modern research continues to provide us with further insights into some of these amazing physical and mental benefits including:
• Lowers blood pressure and heart rate – meaning it’s highly effective as an anti-stress therapy and has zero side effects
• Improves our immune system – fewer colds and flu would be a great start, with research indicating that there is a significant likelihood of assisting with more challenging conditions
• Improves our neural coordination long-term meditators have been able to change the neuroplasticity of their brains – yes, we can become more efficient thinkers and happier people as well
• Boosts production of DHEA the only known hormone that decreases directly with age .. so dare we suggest there is the possibility of slowing the
• Heightens activity in the left prefrontal cortex of the brain, the area associated with relaxation and happiness
• Shown to improve Emotional Intelligence more in-tune with our emotions and also how to regulate our emotions
Got a Question? I would love to chat with you .. so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org